Jun 14, 2024  


Student Information Change

At the time of application to Alvin Community College, the student’s name, address, phone number, email, residential and mailing address, emergency contact and social security number are taken from the admissions application as disclosed by the student. This information will remain until a Student Data Change Request Form is completed. See the most up-to-date information in the POD

  1. A name change requires verification of the former and new name in the form of one of the following:
    • Marriage Certificate
    • Divorce Decree
    • Legal Court Document
    • Birth Certificate
    • Social Security Card with new name
    • Texas Driver’s License with new name (out-state driver’s license MAY not be acceptable - check with Registrar or Assistant Registrar.
    • NOTE: Current ID is needed for identification and for change to ACC record.
  2. Social security number change/correction requires verification in the form of a social security card.
  3. An address change affecting district residency requires verification in the form of one of the following:
    • Driver’s License
    • Lease Agreement
    • Other approved documentation
  4. An address change effecting state residency requires verification as determined by state legislation. Contact the Registrar’s Office at registrarsoffice@alvincollege.edu.
  5. A change of date of birth requires verification in the form of a birth certificate or a valid state driver’s license.

NOTE: Email is ACC’S official method of communication with students. Correspondence is sent to the ACC student email address provided at no charge to currently enrolled students.

Records Restriction

A restriction is placed on a student’s record for an incorrect address or phone number, emergency contact or an outstanding obligation, such as required documents, unreturned library books, traffic violation, child care expenses, unreturned athletic uniforms and/ or equipment, and financial aid or business obligation. The restriction will prohibit the student from future registration, receipt of an official transcript or receiving a diploma. The staff in the Welcome Center assist students in determining the office which placed the restriction. Students should contact the appropriate department (i.e., library, college police, etc.) to clear the obligation.

Records Accuracy Challenge

Students who desire to challenge the accuracy of their records must present a request in writing to the Registrar. Forms are available by emailing registrarsoffice@alvincollege.edu.